<body>

Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Then again...

...Xenome is kind of a cool name. And I'm not doing anything even a little bit like genetic research. Well maybe a little bit. I dunno.

Anyhoo, things have been a little quiet on this blog but certainly not in the analog, er, real world.

I solved that problem with the strip values bleeding over onto eachother by adding a 10k resistor between signal and ground on each input. Pow, zap, fixed. Now I can bloop each channel seperately. Yay!

Then I went back to work on the led driver board, the one that's going to hold 16 MAX7221s and run my 112 led graphs. I'll link to the circuit board layout once I get the proto back from the manufacturer and make sure it works. I made some last-minute changes late at night right before I hit "order" and I'm hoping I didn't kill anything. I added a 20 pin header and ran the SPI interface to one half and power and voltages to the other. Kind of bad practice but I happen to have a box of 20-pin headers and sockets and ribbon cable so why get fancy. I can always skip the header and solder right to the original pads (which I left in place). So the boards should be here late next week.



previously:

April 2007 * May 2007 * June 2007 * July 2007 * August 2007 * September 2007 * October 2007 * November 2007 * December 2007 * January 2008 * February 2008 * March 2008 * May 2008 * July 2008 * August 2008 * September 2008 * October 2008 * November 2008 * December 2008 * January 2009 * April 2009 * May 2009 * June 2009 * July 2009 * August 2009 * September 2009 * October 2009 * November 2009 * January 2010 * February 2010 * March 2010 *