<body>

Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

stribe progress, hardware and software

hardware:


Got the driver board today. It turns out I made a mistake and left out one hole next to each 7221. To work around it I had to install these resistors on the back of the board.


The top and bottom fit together perfectly, until I added the chips to the sockets, then I ran into clearance issues with the tops of the chips hitting the long legs of the led bargraphs coming thru the top board.

So I'm going in with snippers to each leg but might be doing some damage since everything is all soldered-up. I will go back and reheat the joints and hopefully that will be enough. If not I have another led board and more bargraphs on the way.



software:

Made progress with the Max programming last night. Got some great tips from Kid Sputnik and as a result was able to get the stribe strips to generate OSC messages, which actually show up in Reaktor! Now I have to do something with the messages - time to dig back into Reaktor programming.



previously:

April 2007 * May 2007 * June 2007 * July 2007 * August 2007 * September 2007 * October 2007 * November 2007 * December 2007 * January 2008 * February 2008 * March 2008 * May 2008 * July 2008 * August 2008 * September 2008 * October 2008 * November 2008 * December 2008 * January 2009 * April 2009 * May 2009 * June 2009 * July 2009 * August 2009 * September 2009 * October 2009 * November 2009 * January 2010 * February 2010 * March 2010 *